Currently Hiring | Service Desk Project Coordinator
IP Services is a managed services provider specializing in managing business-critical applications with high-availability and audit compliance requirements.
Infrastructure managed by IP Services includes applications and databases, network servers, data storage systems, routers and switches, firewall, desktop computers and printer’s location with the IP Services data center, at the customers premises, and at third party data centers.
IP Services currently has a unique opportunity for an experienced IT professional to provide Service Desk oversight and Project Management of work performed by individual contributors within the IP Services NOC (Network Operating Center).
The Service Desk Project Coordinator is the lead person in the NOC whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the following objectives are consistently achieved through efficient and effective oversight of technical staff or by performing these objectives themselves.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual Ops Tasks.
- Timely and efficient resolution of internal and externally submitted tickets through the ITSM system. Ticket types include change, incident, incident major, ops task, problem project, service request, unclassified.
- Working directly with the Director of Operations assist in the technical and engineering project work flow including inception, kick-off, project break down, milestones, timelines, client communications, tracking and reporting.
- Perform basic desktop and network troubleshooting and serve as backup resource for Ops Technicians.
- Perform ticket follow-up and client communications throughout ticket lifecycle.
- Coordinate between technicians, engineers and clients project workflow and after-hours maintenance windows.
- Responsible to ensure Ops Tasks procedures are kept current and up-to-date.
- Ensure Ops Tasks align with client contracts and agreements.
- Perform at least an annual audit of Ops Tasks against agreements and SLAs.
- Oversight of the monthly patching process for servers and desktops.
- Recommend efficiencies, simplifications, optimization and automation solutions to management towards improved NOC operations.
- Prepare monthly Ops reports as required.
- Perform the role of central point of contact for equipment shipping into and out of the data center.
- Provide tutorship to Lane Community College interns.
The Service Desk Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations.
Additional working relationships include working with our CTO on a wide range of sales and customer issues as well as technical issues and with personnel involved with contract administration.
In addition, the Service Desk Project Coordinator will communicate frequently with the technical and managerial staff who work for our customers and service providers providing services whether to IP Services or to our customers.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
Previous experience as both a technical contributor and project leader is required for this position.
Previous experience working in an audited environment and/or an ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) environment a plus. Experience with IT processes is ideal.
- 1+ year of Project Coordination experience in a related industry
- Experience coordinating project deliverables in a business and technical environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience in basic desktop and windows troubleshooting practices
- Performs a variety of tasks. Coordinates and leads meetings with others. A good degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Hands on experience with business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint