Currently Hiring | Senior Systems Engineer
IP Services, Eugene's premier data center and managed services provider, is looking for a full time Senior Systems Engineer in the Eugene area.
Eugene is a great place to call home just 90m south of Portland, with a great cost of living, an hour from the coast, and minutes from the pristine outdoors. Many IT people from Portland, Seattle, and the Bay Area have found Eugene to be the ideal balance of work and play.
At IP Services, we provide managed IT services to our clients, built on proven methodologies and best practices. We focus on doing that as awesomely as possible. We are a highly collaborative, team-oriented workplace. We’re nimble, technology forward, and process focused. We literally wrote the book on ITIL and Visible Ops: https://itpi.org/the-visible-ops-book-series/visible-ops-handbook-review/
Our Senior Systems Engineer's primary focus is designing, implementing, and managing Microsoft technology platforms for our data center and our customers. Our Senior Systems Engineer translates business and technology vision into reliable, performant, well documented systems that are a joy to operate and maintain.
You are an experienced systems engineer, with at least a MCSE level of mastery. You keep it as simple as possible to meet business requirements. You know what's going on on your systems at all times and why. You know a systems strengths and weaknesses. You're constantly working to improve it. You stay current on both the technology and the concepts. You love to innovate, think holistically and learn. You take ownership and are accountable. You've worked for a data center or other high performance, high security environment.
A typical day for our Senior Systems Engineer might consist of:
- Building a new application stack for a client
- Inventing an automation to lighten your workload yet ensure systems compliance
- Change detection and management
- Owning and resolving an escalation on a systems incident
- Eating pizza and learning about a cool new technology or process we are adopting
- Windows server platform technology
- MS SQL Administration
- IIS and Sharepoint
- Great communication
You're not afraid of:
- Cloud infrastructure offerings, like Azure and AWS
- VMware and other virtualization platforms
- Design and architecture
- Office 365
- Occasional custom business applications
- Mentoring teammates
- Working within the ITIL framework
- Working under pressure
- Jumping in wherever you are needed
It's super if you've:
- Obtained certifications such as MCSE or CISSP
- Heard of devops and liked what you heard
- Used Windows core