Solution Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of solutions, products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Engages with project management to create implementation plans and schedules of solutions and services.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Solution Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirement’s analysis
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred, but not required. Relevant experience is also considered.
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies, not limited to datacenter environments, Networks, Firewalls, Switches, Servers, SANs, Telecom Circuits, Microsoft, Linux/Unix and other office software applications and telephony / VOIP based systems – see list below.
The candidate’s technical knowledge and experience will be evaluated against the following list of position requirements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of advanced network technologies
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack including IPv4
- Prior experience managing production IP networks
- Prior experience planning for and provisioning production IP networks
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of dynamic routing protocols, including OSPF and BGP
- Working knowledge of highly available routing solutions involving the use of HSRP and VRRP
- Prior experience configuring Cisco and Juniper Layer 3 switch/routers
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of switched networks, including spanning tree technologies such as STP, RSTP, MSTP, and PVST
- Prior experience configuring Cisco and Juniper Layer 2 switches
- Prior experience configuring load balancers, packet shapers, WAN accelerators
- Demonstrated working knowledge of designing, implementing and managing network and host-based information security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and intrusion prevention systems
- Prior experience configuring Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet and other firewalls, IDS, IPS
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, SOX standards, data privacy practices and laws
- A high aptitude for learning new technologies and applying theoretical knowledge to solve real-world problems and capture real world opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of company management
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, CCIE (Cisco), JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE (Juniper) NSE’s (Fortinet)
- CISM, CISSP, CISA, Other Security Certs
- Microsoft Certifications
- Linux/Ubuntu/ Red Hat/Fedora
Additional Desirable Experience
- Network Security technologies including host and network-based firewalls and IDS/IPS systems, and VPN management
- Unix/Linux based servers, Windows Servers, networked applications, databases, and data storage/retrieval systems
- Nutanix, VMWare, KVM, and other server and desktop virtualization technologies
- SANs, NAS, tape systems, and other data storage technologies, including backup software and deduplication technologies
- IT management technologies such as ITSM, remote monitoring, change management, change detection, reporting, and configuration management systems
Does this describe you? (Personal Attributes)
- You have proven technical talents including five or more years of recent work experience providing highly available networks to business customers.
- You exhibit strong leadership skills with high ethical standards.
- You thrive in an environment where you are challenged to multitask in order to meet multiple goals with varying time frames.
- You have a passion for technology and for best practices driven IT management processes.
- You willingly take ownership for results when assigned a task, goal, or objective.
- You have demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- You are looking for the opportunity to grow with a team of extraordinary, like-minded professionals.
- You are committed to continuous process improvement.
Additional Requirements (for all positions)
- Available to work full time
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis
- Willing to work weekends and/or evenings
- High-speed (broadband) internet access from home
- Must speak fluent English
- Able to pass background check
- Able to pass drug test
If you are ready to take the next great step in your career journey, submit your resume with cover letter and business references.