Currently Hiring | Systems Administrator
IP Services, Eugene’s premier data center and managed services provider, is looking for a full time Systems Administrator in the Eugene area.
Eugene is a great place to call home just 90m south of Portland, with a great cost of living, an hour from the coast, and minutes from the pristine outdoors. Many IT people from Portland, Seattle, and the Bay Area have found Eugene to be the ideal balance of work and play.
At IP Services, we provide managed IT services to our clients, built on proven methodologies and best practices. We focus on doing that as awesomely as possible. We are a highly collaborative, team-oriented workplace. We’re nimble, technology forward, and process focused. We literally wrote the book on ITIL and Visible Ops: https://itpi.org/the-visible-ops-book-series/visible-ops-handbook-review/
Our Systems Administrator’s primary focus is implementing, and managing Microsoft and Unix technology platforms for our data center and our customers. Our Systems Administrators ensure technology meets the business needs of our customers and uses best practices to build systems that are secure, high performing, well documented, and easy to maintain.
You are an experienced systems administrator, with at least a Network + / Security+ level of mastery. You keep it as simple as possible to meet business requirements. You know what’s going on with your systems at all times and why. You know a systems strengths and weaknesses. You’re constantly working to improve it. You stay current on both the technology and the concepts. You love to innovate, think holistically and learn. You take ownership and are accountable. You’ve worked for a data center or other high performance, high security environment.
A typical day for our Systems Administrator might consist of:
- Provisioning a new virtual server for a client
- Tuning applications or systems for greater performance or security
- Change detection and management
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and applications
- Fulfilling service requests for clients
- Eating pizza and learning about a cool new technology or process we are adopting
- Windows server platform technology
- Unix server configuration and management
- VMware and other virtualization platforms
- IIS and Sharepoint
- Time Management
- Great communication
You’re not afraid of:
- Cloud infrastructure offerings, like Azure and AWS
- Office 365
- Occasional custom business applications
- Mentoring teammates
- Working within the ITIL framework
- Working under pressure
- Jumping in wherever you are needed
It’s super if you’ve:
- Obtained certifications like Network+, Security+, or MCSE
- Heard of devops and liked what you heard
- Used Windows core